In this industry there is "safe" and then there is "Aitheras safe." Nowhere else will you find a stronger safety culture that transcends every aspect of our operation…from training to maintenance to post-flight evaluations.
As proof of our strong commitment to safety, Aitheras recently became one of only a handful of fixed-wing operators in the country to participate in the FAA’s pilot Safety Management System (SMS) program. Even though carriers our size are not yet mandated to meet the higher standards of SMS, Aitheras was willing to step up and make its operations totally transparent to the FAA in an effort to help identify industry best practices and necessary protocols to help ensure safer flights. The FAA’s SMS program is recognized as the premier industry safety program and is designed to enhance the safety culture of the company overall beyond specific practices and procedures. We are honored to be helping the FAA set new standards for safety in the aviation industry.
Other standards by which we measure our superior safety performance:
- Accident-free track record
- No incidents or violations issued against Aitheras
- Numerous safety and maintenance awards from FAA, NATA and NBAA
- Gold safety awards from ARG/US
- Wyvern approved
- Dedicated position for director of safety to focus exclusively on ways to take the company’s safety program above and beyond current industry standards
- Both pilots on every flight are certified to captain status, so there is always qualified backup in case the unexpected occurs